The National Safety Council (NSC) continues to promote June as National Safety Month. Safety remains critical at work and at home.
This year, NSC will discuss one of these topics each week throughout June:
- Mental Health
- Building a Safety Culture
- Week 4 focuses on Driving.
Every seven seconds someone is injured in a car crash and every 15 minutes someone is killed in one. Workplace policies and employee education can help protect your employees, your organization, and your community. However, there is a small, simple step each of us can take.
Commit to driving distraction-free by taking the National Safety Council “Just Drive” pledge!
The Just Drive Pledge:
I pledge to “Just Drive” for my own safety and for others with whom I share the roads.
I choose to not drive distracted in any way.
I will not:
- Have a phone conversation – handheld, hands-free, or via Bluetooth
- Text or send Snapchats
- Use voice-to-text features in my vehicle’s dashboard system
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo or other social media
- Check or send emails
- Take selfies or film videos
- Input destinations into GPS (while the vehicle is in motion)
- Call or message someone else when I know they are driving
There is a pledge form on the National Safety Council website for you to complete and share. The form may be found by clicking here.
The National Safety Council is the nation’s leading non-profit safety advocate and focuses on saving lives and preventing injuries, from the workplace to anyplace. You may become a member of NSC and/or learn more by visiting www.nsc.org.